"My people are my real assets" – Mr. Jayantibhai Jariwala - Chairman
With this strong belief employees’ safety is always on top priority at Colourtex.
Being involved in the manufacturing of different classes of dyes and variety of intermediates, Colourtex employees handle almost all major chemicals and unit processes involved in the dyestuff chemistry, which pose potential safety and health hazards. Therefore, at Colourtex we have incorporated Aspect-Impact and Risk Assessment based stringent health and safety process to provide better and safer workplace for our employees.
Colourtex, therefore has developed and implemented an active Occupational Health and Safety Management Program at all production plants. As a result all the manufacturing plants are certified for OHSAS 18001:2007.
In order to uphold our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees, our contracting employees and neighbors, Colourtex has established a set of Health and Safety Standards. The Standards provide the foundation for the Colourtex Health and Safety management system in areas of Health & Safety Management, Process Safety, Employee Health and Safety and Emergency Response.
Colourtex Process Safety Management Standards have also been established to ensure Colourtex facility have been designed are operated and maintained in a responsible manner ensuring we comply with or exceed regulatory requirements. These Standards include principles and requirements for process safety management and for effective emergency response programs, and are aligned with industry practices and Responsible Care® Guiding Principles.
To maintain integrity and safety of the plant we have developed customized training programs for our employees.
At Colourtex, Each year a Health & Safety Improvement Plan is prepared to ensure our continuous development and improvement.
A team of qualified safety professionals are engaged in cultivating safe working culture by,
• Arranging safety meetings,
• Improving housekeeping and rewarding to best housekeeping plant,
• Encouraging employee involvement by conducting National Safety Week Campaign, Fire Service day Campaign and issuing Internal Colourtex Safety Rewards,
• Mandatory use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE),
• Carrying out regular safety inspections and audits of the plants,
• Proper detailed root cause analysis of each near misses and incidents and take corrective and preventive action to prevent recurrence,
• Pre employment and post employment periodic health checkups.